• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 30, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 30, 2020


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 30, 2020

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:06 AM PST

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")

    • Investment / Trading / Market posts

    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions

    • Other general gameplay discussion

    • Meta posts & Quick Questions

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    /r/FIFA: The Weekly Pack Thread

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:00 AM PST

    It's not that we don't care that you got something good in your pack. It's just that we don't care enough to scroll all day to find out.

    • If you got something good, brag it up in here.
    • If you want to know what to do with it, ask away.
    • If you're about to commit pack suicides, write your goodbye letter here.
    • If you literally burned through all your coins and ended up with nothing... welcome to the club.

    Let us live vicariously through your mistakes or your insane good luck... IMAGES are highly encouraged!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Finally able to build the frontline that made me fall in love with football

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Just beat some guy in draft. I simply had to share this...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:03 PM PST

    I never realized how much I would miss them until it was too late...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:16 PM PST

    PSA: Rivaldo's Mid card is a CF.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Unlike the Baby Sbc, a Brazilian CF does not guarantee a Pele... I need a moment.

    submitted by /u/seanio10
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Mason Mount on Rivals (Div 4)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Headliners confirmed...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

    ben arfa is looking a bit different

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:50 AM PST

    My Best Brazil Cards of the Decade

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:02 PM PST

    80+ SBC results....and a bonus!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Flashback Ben Arfa SBC

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:00 AM PST

    If you are having trouble with the Beckham's Best "score 5 direct freekicks" read here

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    You can easily get them done in couch play, where you simply hook a second controller to your upponent side.

    I just commited fouls with the second controller, moved the keeper and scored with the controller connected to my main account.

    Not sure if this tip has been pointed out before, but it pretty much applies to every challenge where it states "any FUT game mode"

    Happy new years!

    submitted by /u/ViktorDinho10
    [link] [comments]

    One thing we can’t complain about today...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:40 AM PST

    The weather....

    Every...single...game

    submitted by /u/YippeKaye
    [link] [comments]

    This year the worst OTW in fifa history?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:32 AM PST

    We are not even into January and there are only 3 players from the two otw squads that are over 100k with Werner being the only one over 200k.

    And to think that people were paying extra to get one of these shit cards.

    submitted by /u/TheOneWhoKnocks3
    [link] [comments]

    Team of the Week 14 (TOTW 14)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Base or Mid icon SBC

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:02 AM PST

    Analysis of Vejrgang 442 custom tactics

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:03 PM PST

    Given the kids absolute dominance against even the top pros I thought it would be interesting to decipher his custom tactics (that he doesn't show).

    Formation: 442(2)

    Lineup:

    Mendy-Varane-Maldini-Walker

    Neymar-Gullit-Firmino-Mbappe

    CR7-R9

    Now the fun part, here's my best guess after carefully looking at his gameplay:

    Defense: width 5, depth 5 (maybe higher), balanced

    Offense: width 6, players in box 5, LONG BALL

    Instructions: stay back for lb and rb, both wingers on all balanced, left center mid (Gullit) JOIN ATTACK and cover center, right center mid (Firmino) stay back while attacking and cover center, both strikers on stay central.

    90% of his goals are from the Ronaldo's, with Gullit in 3rd. The 442 isolates his strikers for 1v1s, he uses very little build up play. If you watch closely his players always bomb forward on the attack, which is why I'm certain he's using long ball. Skill moves are almost exclusively step overs, ball roll, fake shot. Fantastic defensively in terms of anticipation and aggression. Honestly the kid makes this game look simple.

    Let me know if this was interesting or if you have a different opinion!

    submitted by /u/The_ivy_fund
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is the head-passing in this game absolutely abysmal

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Like bruh, I can't pass the ball with my head in this stupid game.

    I genuinely can't. The head-passing in this game is shit. Every aerial challenge my player wins is useless, because I press "X to pass" to my teammate, and it just goes into the open right to the opposing defender. What??

    It doesn't matter who my player is, it ALWAYS happens. It's extremely rare for a head-pass to actually go where I aim it to.

    Even if it isn't an aerial duel, even if my player is completely alone, they still mess up the head-pass.

    Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

    (FYI I came from Fifa 19, never played 20, and this is new to me).

    submitted by /u/oMikeyx
    [link] [comments]

    This game punishes strategic, passing football in favor of the meta play style

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:10 AM PST

    I can't count how many games I've held over 60% possession, locking down the opponent defensively, and utilized open space and passing lanes to create chances for myself while the opponent just sends a through ball down field onto goal because my defenders were out of position despite their work rates and instructions.

    Similarly, I can't count how many times it seems this game purposefully messes up my passes to an onside player in an incredible position for someone who's clearly offsides or in a much worse position. It's just frustrating because it feels like you have little control over players when trying to play possession football compared to the pace abuse through ball methods many other use.

    Edit: to those of you having a normal convo - thank you. Unfortunately, the toxicity of online FIFA transfers to this thread with a bunch of children who can't hold a normal convo without getting snobby or assuming that I'm "complaining" when I'm just pointing out things many of us agree on

    submitted by /u/thisguyisarealjerk
    [link] [comments]

    Goalkeepers should have clean sheets and shots saved recorded in their player bio

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:55 AM PST

    I just realized that its very hard to compare goalkeepers I have used over the past games. I want to know how many saves my goalie does in X number of games. Keepers are not gonna score goals or assist often (unless you are the yashin guy or cech guy) so I think having clean sheets and shot saved would be good. Any opinions?

    submitted by /u/poocornbasil
    [link] [comments]

    If you’re going to nerf anything EA, nerf this:

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:29 PM PST

    The pathetic kick off juggle goals.

    The amount of games I've drawn or lost in the minute after scoring myself is ridiculous.

    Some may respond with, "just take them out". I've had so many today where the slide tackles for some reason can't even clip their back leg.

    Forget all these patches that no one wants, nerf this. It's better for everyone that way.

    It's not a football match, more like a circus. I guess it suits EA as they're all a bunch of clowns anyway.

    EDIT: As a lot have said in the comments, I always try to stand off from running at them and just sit in their path. My point is, we shouldn't have to find ways to stop something that's so OP and shouldn't be part of the game. We shouldn't have to find ways to beat it, it just shouldn't exist.

    submitted by /u/CallumGeere
    [link] [comments]

    So there was no futmas, but I thought a new years countdown would be cool

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:01 PM PST

    So I've made cards for 62 countries, with the idea they'd be released at midnight in the certain country, and the SBC would last for 24 hours, and they're released each hour, for 16 hours starting in New Zealand. Time zone map I used (I know some of the first few I put wrong), I needed to get some hours filled in for carried over hours. Also the explanations get progressively worse. Google Drive Link for all the cards

    Hours 1-8, Clockwise from top left

    Reid is a Flashback to when he had pace (15/16 BPL season), Petratos is just another meta CSL card, I stole Miura from u/McVanillaFace, some people might recognize the player I picked for China, just a sweaty card ig. Poor Akinfeev's record is the longest time between UCL shutouts because records can be completely random. Jahanbakhsh and Al Dawsari are just copout cards that are silver and decent so people will complete it, and if Morgan gets a moments for being the first Jamaican to win the prem, Wanyama first Kenyan to win the Scottish League. Top tier copout.

    Hour 9

    The photoshop is done horribly on this, and I really put 0 effort into the Zagorakis, so thats my bad. Novikovas, I just needed any player, so when in doubt, way better than a 74 overall silver. Nkoulou flashback for the meta. Didn't really know what to do for Masuaku and Zungu so I just made them into pretty good SBCs. The last fifa I played ultimate team on was 16, so the Konoplyanka is flashback to that, idrc what anyone says. I might have accidentally made the Zagorakis too good, I used his stats from like fifa 05. Trezeguet so people do it to link to Salah so they get him. Yazici deserves a useable card, so freeze makes him meta.

    Hour 10

    I don't feel like explaining all of these, so Schar=Cool, moments are all copouts for winning random awards, freeze is meta, Begovic for that long ass kick, flashbacks which are cool and then just a random Soucek cause I need something for Czechia.

    Hour 11

    McGeady because fun, Evans meta, Ings cause I think useable Ings would be good even though Rulebreakers is a cheat. Sigurdsson is now useable, James is meta so can cost too much, record breaker is for the record breaker he didn't get, LW CR7 again, Yaya=the beckham card, and Ayew for silver stars which not too many people will do.

    Hour 12

    Sarr go fast, needed Moroccan thats not Hakimi or Ziyech for something different.

    Hour 13

    Really needed a mid-atlantic hour, so here we are.

    Hour 14

    Willian like Lacazette because I kinda pity Arsenal fans ngl, RB Messi for the club goals, and Medel seems pretty good, strong link to Vidal.

    Hour 15

    Crippling Canadian bias, so we get the icon, idc what anyone says, this took too long, and silver stars=cool. Howard, see Yaya Toure, Cuadrado needs another 84 to keep up with Pogba's 87s, Ruidiaz and Plata are copouts for Peru and Ecuador respectively, and the Martinez looks sick.

    Hour 16

    Acosta meta + silver stars, Navas is another moments copout, and Hernandez because I haven't made enough MLS cards for the Americas.

    All moments explanations:

    Wanyama - Kenyan winning Scotland; Saloi - Hungarian winning US Open Cup (massive reach but didn't want just freeze and flashback); Elynoussi - Norwegian winning Scotland (I'm pretty sure thats what it is, can't remember); De Laet - Belgian winning the championship and prem back to back (I'm desperate); Kovacic - that Real Madrid UCL streak; Cuadrado - first Colombian to win the prem (Morgan escape again); Navas - literally same exact as Kovacic.

    Google Drive Link for all the cards

    Thanks for reading, this took way too long but I wanted something to do.

    submitted by /u/I_Like_PCPartpicker
    [link] [comments]

    Pack luck (or lack of) has made the decision to stop playing much easier

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:54 PM PST

    The few months after the latest installment of FIFA is released I'm as dedicated as most are here with it - logging in daily, completing every SBC, completing the popular objective cards and competing in every Weekend League since release.

    I've played 570 games since release (without the swaps friendlies so in theory it's much higher, although most are golden goal) and I can honestly say I'm burnt out with FIFA this year.

    Is it the lack of content? Is it the repetitive meta teams and gameplay? Is it the fact I've finished Elite in over half of my weekend leagues and the highest value player I've packed is Kante for 380,000 coins?

    Probably a combination of all 3 and the fact that I know I can't improve without the very top tier players who are unobtainable without serious luck, spending real money or just being insanely skilled at the game.

    To top it all off, I used my remaining fodder to craft the base/mid icon sbc to chance my luck and see if I could obtain a player to reignite my interest in playing. After my swaps base icon pack giving me 86 Puyol and 2 of the base icon sbcs blessing me with 86 Larsson and 85 Nakata, surely this was the time my luck changed and EA would suck me back in like they always seem to do when I'm considering quitting.

    Here goes....

    Flash...

    Nigerian flag

    See you all in a few months and have a happy new year

    submitted by /u/Thfclew
    [link] [comments]

    Since I was using Riley Mcgree for my efl objective, I made a personal side mission to score a scorpion with him

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:39 PM PST

    Passing to players in offside positions

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:35 PM PST

    I think this is genuinely a bug at this point.

    There's no way this is meant to be the way it is.

    We've all been there;

    Player miles offside, you hold in the opposite direction and BAM, your midfielder sprays an inch perfect no look pass straight to the dickhead 20 yards offside instead of the easy pass to the offside player through on net. (Probably in the last second of a game too) and wavy wavy up goes the flag.

    This has been happening for years and it's the dumbest shit.

    submitted by /u/wsscrows
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment