• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 10, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 10, 2020


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 10, 2020

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:06 AM PST

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")

    • Investment / Trading / Market posts

    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions

    • Other general gameplay discussion

    • Meta posts & Quick Questions

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    FIFA 21 Title Update #7 Pitch Notes

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Freeze (FUTMAS) + ICON Swaps confirmed

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Kids these days don't know the struggle of the real drop back

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:03 AM PST

    FUT FOUNDER - How I spent $9k on FIFA points

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:54 AM PST

    As a kid growing up in the 80s I had two growing passions: football and the early video games on my Commodore 64. I "was" Maradona on the playground, and Microprose Soccer let me live out that fantasy in my living room too.

    In the 90s, the Sega Genesis I got for Christmas introduced me to the football franchise I would continue buying and playing, each year for the next 28 years - FIFA International Soccer. I saw it all - going from the isometric to full 3d, adding real player names, commentary - each of those felt like incredible technological advances.

    Then came the biggest one of them all. FUT started out as a novelty, but with a compelling premise. It got bigger and better each year, slowly taking over the focus of the whole game. I didn't notice at first - but I became more and more invested in building my "Dream Team" from scratch each year.

    Despite the years I put into the franchise, I've never been a hardcore FIFA player. I'm not a streamer, influencer or anything like that - ok, FUT Founder counts. I bought FIFA points over the years during promos, but casually, got a few good cards, but this was rare. I wasn't spending a lot of extra money on FUT - a couple of dollars here and there, "once in a while."

    Or so I thought….

    Yesterday I was looking through my Microsoft order history for a completely unrelated reason. As I scrolled through my transactions, I saw a couple of FIFA points purchases. I don't know why, but in that moment I became curious to see how much I spent on points. My honest guess was — maybe $100 per year? $150 max. I opened a spreadsheet and wrote down every transaction just to see. Just for fun. What I found made me sick to my stomach.

    FIFA 21 - $305 Really? It's only December. I kept scrolling, surely this is an anomaly - staying home more this year. FIFA 20 - $412.74 "Well that was for the whole year." Keep scrolling. FIFA 19 - $900.22 That's crazy - I thought. What was I doing that year? Can't remember, but now I have to keep scrolling, keep adding the numbers. Surely this was the worst? FIFA 18 - $822.74.

    At this point, I'm starting to feel sick. I've been buying points without even thinking about it. It's so easy to do. I have to keep scrolling…. FIFA 17 - $4015.09 What? How is this possible? FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS? Four thousand dollars. Between 15 and 13 there's another $1000.

    I couldn't sleep last night.

    The game I've been "casually" playing somehow got me to spend almost $9000 in the last 8 years. I have nothing to show for it, other than the horror I'm feeling right now. I am not a gambler, yet it looks like I'm an addict. I uninstalled the game this morning.

    Why am I writing this? I guess I'm hoping that it can help someone else. If you've ever bought FIFA points like me, chances are you spent a lot more than you think. FUT is addictive, and it feels gross.

    TLDR: I spent $9000 on FIFA points without realizing it.

    EDIT: Thanks for the Silver and all the supportive and thought provoking comments.

    submitted by /u/mmmmartin427
    [link] [comments]

    Got a creepy one today

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Icon Swaps 1 will contain 6 Icons and Icon pack rewards.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:11 PM PST

    Finally finished the milestones, and have to give this a WL run. They get a lot wrong but EA are nailing this side of it imo!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:25 PM PST

    I guess Varane didn't fancy putting on his pants today

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:25 AM PST

    Another props to the EA card designer

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Futmas was just overpriced sbcs let's not look at this with rose tinted glasses

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 11:19 AM PST

    The past 2 years of Futmas wasn't very good, I see a lot of people saying how it was the best promo and in FIFA 17 and 18 I do agree but in 19 and 20 it was full of so many overpriced sbcs that the community moaned, it also got leaked the past 2 years

    It did have good sbcs but a lot were a bit meh. I think this is the best of both worlds, a team and a daily sbc.

    submitted by /u/SmithyPlayz
    [link] [comments]

    Champs games should show your opponents WL record

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:20 AM PST

    Just like at the end of a rivals game it shows you your opponents skill rating, fut champions should show your opponents record and rank for that weekend. Would be interesting to see

    submitted by /u/WillyCaballerosBBQ
    [link] [comments]

    FIFA 21 Toulouse Career Mode

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:29 PM PST

    21st century player icon concepts part 3. Forwards

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Suker has had an ICON description added today, meaning there is a chance he is included in tomorrow's Swaps...

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:35 PM PST

    There's something special going on in high D1 recently

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:40 PM PST

    It started off slowly, as is always the case in a new fifa. The gamer kings made careful strides, feeling and experimenting their way into the fledgling playstyles that would become the new meta. The adoption of what worked, the shunning of what no longer did (RIP dragback)

    Acknowledging the fact that for the best players, most of their losses come in the first few weeks , they played safely and securely as they inched their way into high elo. They faced numerous challenges along the way. Crippling delay. Defeats against "inferior players" who had found the meta before them. An overreliance of old habits that no longer worked.

    But as the weeks stretched into months, the cream slowly and surely rose to the top, complete with the same gamertags and fut founders you'd been seeing since fifa 19 - pros, elite players, and a growing amount of newcomers whose tags you'd soon come to memorize. This is 2400 elo.

    But this time, it's different

    Unlike the hit and run Croqueta into tornado cross in 19, and the attrition style death by a hundred dragbacks into dropback 20, fifa 21 in the highest elo is filled with the most intense pressing, the most varied formations, and an unbelievable assortment of creatively utilized but non OP skill combinations (seriously, who the hell came up with the three touch roulette into dragback fake, or the drag-to-drag into flair roulette into body feint speedboost wtf)

    Victory no longer belongs to he who chains the most elasticos, but he who masters the application and usage of L1 and R1 dribbling. Drop back has been thoroughly abandoned, with 6 depth balanced coupled with sporadic applications of team pressing reigning as the order of the day.

    The bane of fifa, 4-2-3-1, is all but wiped out, as quick pauses are frequently made early, just to find out what the hell formation your opponent is using

    There's a mysterious absence of delay, which is annoyingly still present in weekend league. Congratulatory messages, exchange of tactics, and friend requests are frequent. Attention to win/loss records is minimal, as players test new tactics or cards for the weekend.

    It's basically the most fun I've ever had. Just don't play on Wednesday night.

    TL;DR - high D1 is kinda the right mix of sweaty and fun right now. Meta is there's no meta (besides high press ball rolls and stepovers, cross body far post shots and the quickest players in every position lmao). Delay seems minimal for some reason (besides my experience, asked a lot of opponents I've been facing and they all agree)

    submitted by /u/Ripamon
    [link] [comments]

    New packs added to the code...

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:56 PM PST

    I was losing anyway, but come on ref

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:46 PM PST

    With FUTMAS now gone for good, I thought I‘d look back at some of my favorite cards from recent Fifas

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 10:39 AM PST

    The 90 shooting, 87 physical, 90 defending options for Swaps

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:33 PM PST

    I posted a hauge a few days ago, but I NEED this silver star hauge totgs after that wondergoal and performances this year.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:31 PM PST

    The Greatest 90th Minute Bs I've Ever Seen

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I’ll miss FUTMAS, but damn these card designs are cold af, props to EA’s design team

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:35 PM PST

    21st century player icon concepts part 2. Midfielders

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:43 PM PST

    El Chavo Del Ocho SBC Set

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 10:06 AM PST

    TOTT James Maddison SBC

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 10:00 AM PST

    With Vidic in FUT now this flashback would be a dream

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:31 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment