• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 13, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 13, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 13, 2020


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 13, 2020

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:06 AM PST

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")

    • Investment / Trading / Market posts

    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions

    • Other general gameplay discussion

    • Meta posts & Quick Questions

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Squad Battles Rewards Megathread

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 04:00 PM PST

    Share your pack pulls! (remember sb rewards are always given 5 minutes after)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Going to tell my kids Varane and Gomez were the best CBs of my time

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    We're so lucky to be alive during their reign of dominance

    submitted by /u/flanz33
    [link] [comments]

    A few years back when I came from an area that didn’t have great internet options but FIFA was life!

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 02:09 AM PST

    Stop. Pressing. Pause. Every. Time. You. Score. The. First. Goal.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Look, I'm all for the Golden Goal rule, even though I personally prefer being with a goal margin of -2 to forfeit, but please, stop pressing start to get your opponent to quit. Every time someone does that, I'm gonna play the full game, or most of it anyways. Rant over.

    submitted by /u/WayBig3
    [link] [comments]

    WL is really Unhealthy

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:44 AM PST

    I love the game and I've always stopped at gold 3 so 14-2/14-3/14-4 apart from 3 weeks ago when I played to gold 1. I built myself a team I could compete better with for a shot at elite this weekend as the wife was at work even though I knew I weren't good enough really.

    Finished 20-8 which is my best ever but I've spent 6-7 hours playing FIFA today and I feel awful now. Had to go out and get a walk.

    Never again am I dedicating so much time on a weekend to my console.

    Please don't fall into the trap of letting WL dictate your weekends. It's really unhealthy to play all the matches every week. Addiction of this kind could have a really negative impact on one's life, their mental well-being and the loved ones around you.

    Remember it's Christmas soon so turn off the console and spend some quality time with the family.

    Merry Xmas everyone!

    submitted by /u/JamesHowell91
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: Gameplay this year is pretty alright, but the community is what makes the game unplayable.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:55 AM PST

    Varane, Mendy, Joe Gomez, Walker, Nick Pope. Drop back, AI blocks, long balls, stepover spam.

    The fact that this game feels like garbage to play is because of the community being pack hungry monkeys, not because of the game itself. You don't get packs from playing fun fifa because then you will inevitably lose to someone who is better than you, so how do you win? Use every single busted mechanic in the game to make sure you clinch out a 1-0 victory with your 1 shot on net. Sure, the game is gonna suck, but at least you can open some fat packs by Thursday and get Hradecky for the 50th time😛😛

    submitted by /u/DolaniusDukus
    [link] [comments]

    People complain about Mendy-Varane-Gomez-Walker and now I can see why

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:37 AM PST

    I'm an average fifa player at best - division 5 and a silver 1 scrub. Gold 3 has been an unattainable dream for me.

    Recently, I switched to the dreaded back line of Mendy-Varane-Gomez-Walker with Pope in goal.

    I'm now 12-4. That is stupid. For a player who normally ends around 11-17, 12-4 shouldn't be possible just by changing the defense, yet here we are.

    I can make mistake after mistake and yet every time there's someone there to bail me out. I'm now well within reach of gold 2 when that seemed to be a pipe dream just 2 days ago.

    If you use this back line, you're not as good as you think. You're considerably worse. Don't act like you're not.

    submitted by /u/idkwhyimdointjos
    [link] [comments]

    People need to understand WL ELO

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Every week I see posts here by guys that goes "I was 12-2 and finished 17-11, so rigged" or "it doesnt matter if i start with 8-0 or 0-8 I always end up in gold 2".

    Its called ELO rating. It exists in all online competitive games. Basically, if you win a game you gain ELO and if you loose a game you will loose ELO.

    The game will then try and match you with a player that has similar ELO rating. That is why after loosing 3 consecutive you will suddenly crush your opponent, because your at a lower ELO than you are used to. Same goes for winning 3 in a row ofc.

    The reason you always end up in gold 2 is just that it is your skill level. Its how good you are. Takes a LOT of games to move up in the ranks.

    submitted by /u/jari2k
    [link] [comments]

    I think this would change would help with player switching. ‘Icon Switch’ used in NBA2K

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:15 PM PST

    Man United player✔️ meta✔️ Not performance based✔️

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:33 PM PST

    PSA: Sell your Jamaican players

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Loan Bailey requires Jamaican silvers/golds and they are selling for 4k

    submitted by /u/SimonSimonK
    [link] [comments]

    Therapist: ST Adama isn't real, ST Adama can't hurt you. ST Adama:

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:52 PM PST

    Today’s Freeze Puzzle SBC, very good reward

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:01 AM PST

    There should be a stat called Number of shots blocked under Match Facts

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:42 AM PST

    That should give the perfect overview regarding how each match is being played. Because personally speaking, I've never seen something half as disgustingly unfair as to what AI blocks has been this year. More often than not they decide the game.

    submitted by /u/_titleofyoursextape_
    [link] [comments]

    Today’s FUT Freeze Player is Bailey

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Soul Destroying Moments

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Is there anything more soul destroying on FIFA when the AI on squad battles totally rinses you with a fake throw in?

    I can handle getting hammered in champs but i can't handle this.

    submitted by /u/pancakeuk
    [link] [comments]

    25 x 83+ pack - why is it good choice

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 01:22 PM PST

    If you can fit POTM Joao Felix in your team its the best way to spend your tokens. Do SBC with fodder from pack. You get card better than 95% of baby icons basically for free and 3 tradeable packs. Good luck

    submitted by /u/PanBorek
    [link] [comments]

    Weekend league confession: I lost a free win

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 09:57 AM PST

    I just had to post about how dumb I am. I was playing a weekend league game and eventually went up to 5-1 at half time. I obviously won and the opponent scored 2 own goals afterwords.

    In the second half he put the controller down and I got board of just passing the ball around. So I also put my controller down to look at Reddit. BUT THEN I forgot to move the players so I don't time out... and lost the game.

    I hope you can read this and find homer in my misfortune.

    submitted by /u/456789210
    [link] [comments]

    The current chemistry system is out dated and holding this game back

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Current chemistry system is just stupid, it completely handicaps you when trying to create diverse teams, people have complained this year that everyone uses the mendy-varane-Gomez-Walker back line but can you blame them? Who else are they going to use there are better possible alternatives like rttf akanji and inform Delaney but are you really going to play Thomas meunier, Roman Burki and emre can just fit them in? Take another example rb giminez or normal koulibaly you really going to take out walker or mendy to use players like trippier and malcuit?

    Half the players ea release in promos feel unusable like the new Leon Bailey if you want to use him you either need to use a full bundesliga attack and midfield or us great meta Leverkusen players like bender and aranguiz or be punished and use him off Chem.

    Just silly that you feel like you're being punished for using different cards, and everyone just ends up using the same pool of players, the chemistry system just makes it so a card is only as good as the ones that link to them, like RB vela, better stats than most attackers people use but absolutely useless in comparison.

    submitted by /u/fuckedexcel37
    [link] [comments]

    Base Icon Pack Gang

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    What did you get in your pack? I'm thinking of using my tokens in order to redeem it.

    submitted by /u/DanishCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    WL is actually fun

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 04:11 PM PST

    This may be an unpopular opinion but WL is actually a fun game mode. I didn't rage once and the opponents I played were as equal or better than me. The suspense of playing 30 games trying to get rewards made me excited to play. I did have my good and bad moments but overall I really enjoyed WL. If I had more time in the weekends I would play it every weekend

    submitted by /u/Doubleko26
    [link] [comments]

    Lesson I call ‘Don’t Try Pausing On My Behalf’. Came back from 4-0 & quit. 2 can play dirty, do you think he was upset?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:26 PM PST

    If swaps wouldnt be here, this promo would be as boring as any other promos...

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 11:23 AM PST

    Its pretty much clear that if swaps wouldnt be here freeze aka futmas would be a dead promo too, and im pretty sure ea also knew this thats why they running basically 2 promos at the same time.

    I puzzle and i player sbc per day? This is a joke!

    Plus if we think about it, the combined the shapeshifters promo with freeze too, to create players, but so far nothing outstanding..

    Last year we had a Cdm Kolarov etc which were good and were meaningful position changes..

    submitted by /u/dedy83
    [link] [comments]

    New teaser for Freeze Player SBC

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Opinion: Chip shots should be affected way more by a player's finishing stats. Right now it's way too easy.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Does EA know how hard it is to pull of a shot like that in real life? Have you ever seen someone miss one of those badly in FIFA 21? That only happens if you put way too much power on it. If you time it right (which isn't difficult, the window is very big), it will go in every single time.

    There is no reason for someone like Adama to be able to pull of these chips consistently.

    Edit: Shooting stats would probably fit better instead of finishing stats.

    Edit 2: You will never have a FIFA game where pace isn't the meta if you don't punish players for playing with low shooting cards.

    submitted by /u/kobevandevorst
    [link] [comments]

    This has to be the funniest message I got after losing a friendly game

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment