• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 07, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 07, 2020


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- December 07, 2020

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:07 AM PST

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")

    • Investment / Trading / Market posts

    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions

    • Other general gameplay discussion

    • Meta posts & Quick Questions

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    FIFA 21 Title Update #7 Patch Notes.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 04:59 PM PST

    Haaland is a machine.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:29 PM PST

    BENT it with Beckham (FK)

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:03 PM PST

    Was looking at some old pictures and found this. Good old days.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 07:04 AM PST

    OP Corner Tactic (Volley Chip Edition) - Score 1 a game

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:27 AM PST

    TIL that FIFA 2001 on PlayStation had a "scratch and sniff" perfumed disc that was supposed to smell like a football pitch.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 05:35 AM PST

    TOTW11 PREDICTION featuring Paul Pogba, Heung-Min Son and Mohamed Salah.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    Free FIFA Ultimate Team 100 points code for FIFA 21 and FIFA 18 on the Nintendo Switch

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    I recently got a couple of codes for 100 points for fifa ultimate team on the Nintendo Switch. One of the codes is for fifa 21 and the other is fifa 18. It says they are for the Nintendo Switch version of the games but I don't know if you can use the codes on any version or not.

    Edit: why is this being downvoted I'm literally giving you free shit lol

    Fifa 21 100 point code - C0H23R3SYH34DYB8

    Fifa 18 100 point code - B12WHY7K3236HFF7

    submitted by /u/gingerchrs
    [link] [comments]

    New line of code added to the game: "FUT is currently not accessible due to a demand from the authorities in your region"...

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 04:54 PM PST

    When he has to get an assist to finish Coman objectives but also attend a lecture..

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Does this mean I win FIFA??

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Game 30 in the last minute to secure my second ever Gold 3 finish! New next gen celebration made it even better!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Poor guy missed out on Gold 1

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:02 PM PST

    I finally achieved my 7th win to unlock TOTGS Coman after playing 62 games of Managerial Masterpiece

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 11:43 AM PST

    I'm a D1/G1 player. Why is this so difficult? I feel like I don't stand a chance in any of my games and everyone is so much better than me.

    It's not like I'm not used to playing with bad players either as I run a standard 100k team in rivals and champs.

    submitted by /u/bench150kg
    [link] [comments]

    Big Ben has chimed again. Please EA for this weeks silver stars

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 01:04 PM PST

    This is why you need practice to perform the splits comfortably. R.I.P. De Vrij.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    God I love Giroud in UT

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:15 PM PST

    The 240-0 guy just

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:53 AM PST

    lost in the first round of an online tournament (3000€ cup) against some random guy I don't even know. I saw a lot of hate towards the kid here, so maybe some guys will be happy knowing this!

    submitted by /u/BarbaraPalv1n
    [link] [comments]

    South American cup players have ruined pack openings for me.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:18 AM PST

    You think you're gonna get someone cool or a champions league player but it's a 70 rated black card.

    submitted by /u/Altairlio
    [link] [comments]

    Icon Swaps 1 prediction based on last years prices for tokens

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 04:05 AM PST

    Silver Stars is the best part of the Team of the Week

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:49 PM PST

    As we all know the TOTW is dead. Every week I dread red picks because I know Im getting those 78 rated informs. However, I am loving playing silver stars every week. It may be nostalgia by playing with a silver team and not playing with "Meta" players. The only part of the team of the week I am excited for is the silver team of the week card in objectives. Anyone else feel this way?

    submitted by /u/jordanhumber
    [link] [comments]

    4321 Guide - WL and D1 tested. (28 wins).

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Over the past month or so I have released a few guides that have been very popular.

    My 41212(2) guide:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/j7qwym/412122_d1_guide/

    (I have since changed it to press on heavy touch over possession loss, since the patch heavily affects stamina). The rest stays unchanged.

    My 4222 guide:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/jk4rsj/4222_elite_rank_division_1_guide/

    (Again, switched it to heavy touch from possession loss)

    My Defensive and ultra attacking game plans for holding a lead and chasing a goal:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/joxp64/final_game_plans_in_my_guide_series_holding_a/

    (These remain the same).

    I am always looking at adding new formations that you rarely see in high level gameplay. And my weapon of choice was 4321.

    The reason I switched to this formation and decided to give it a go, is that I was lucky enough to pack TOTGS Messi from my saved packs from the previous WL. I am a lucky bastard, I'll admit it. I don't put FIFA points on so this dude was a huge deal for me, as it allowed me to sell off Salah and be able to afford Mbappe, too.

    I was surprised at the effectiveness of this formation. Very surprised.

    I had previously obtained 26-28 wins pretty much every week since 21' came out, and this week, I was close to pushing the magical 30-0 that I have never done. Mind you, when I lost, I lost 5-1... but still haha.

    4321 is a very attacking formation. You can use it for an entire game, (I did), or you can use it as your attacking preset if you aren't confident in your own ability to defend.

    It's a very fun formation to play, and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot.

    Anyway, on to the guide. . .

    This guide will be split into four sections. Play Style, Custom Tactics, Player Instructions and Personnel.

    4321

    Play Style

    Not going to bull shit you here, your aim in this formation and set up is to soak up pressure and hit possession players on the break. If you're going to pass around and play high possession, this may not be the best formation for you as there is better alternatives for that style - such as 4231.

    CUSTOM TACTICS

    Defense

    Defensive style: Pressure on Heavy Touch

    Width: 4

    Depth: 7

    I always play a high line on every formation I play. I like to win the ball back quickly in my opponents half as often as I can, and I have great faith in my manual defending, so I can get away with a high line. Consider dropping it down to 5 if you aren't so great defensively, but try high depth - you will be shocked at how much better it is to defend with high pressure, rather than sitting back.

    Offense

    Offensive Style: Balanced

    Width: 5

    Players in Box: 6

    Corners: (Personal Preference)

    Free Kicks: (Personal Preference)

    I toyed with Fast build up and Long ball, and while they were decent, I think I prefer balanced in this formation as it is already aggressive enough on the offense and players already make the runs that you want, with the player instructions.

    I use a high players in the box, as I like one of my CM's to bomb forward and act as a pseudo CAM, since this formation lacks one. You will see how I also do this with the player instructions.

    Corners and Free kicks do whatever you want. I use 2/1.

    PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS

    If nothing is mentioned, it is because it is the default instruction.

    LB/RB

    --Stay Back while Attacking

    Don't need these boys to go forward. We have enough up there, and we get some natural width from LF and RF.

    CM

    Outside CM's

    --Stay back while attacking, stay on the edge of the box for crosses, Cover Wing

    Middle CM

    --Get forward, Get in to the box for crosses, Free Roam, Cover Center

    I set my CM's up this way, so that the middle one pushes forward and acts somewhat like a CAM with late runs in and around the box. The outside CM act like CDM's and anchor the midfield and stop counter attacks. The outside CM won't be as deep as a regular CDM in, say, the 4231, but they will not foray forward much and provide you with protection when the middle CM bombs forward.

    LF/RF

    --Stay Central, Get in Behind, Conservative Interceptions, Stay Forward.

    These guys are going to be your main threats in attack. They will likely outscore your ST in most instances. I use these instructions so that they tuck in and act like Strikers themselves when my ST is dropping back a bit due to F9 instructions. They make brilliant runs in behind towards the goal with these instructions and attack very aggressively. I only use conservative interceptions because Messi's STA is shithouse. If it wasn't for that, I'd just use balanced.

    ST

    --Stay Central, False 9

    I use False 9 here so that he drops into midfield a little more and acts as a hub when transitioning from midfield to attack. Very key role. Won't score as much as your LF/RF but will rack up ridiculous amounts of assists. Good passing is a huge bonus here.

    PERSONNEL

    Defenders

    Best you can afford and link up. Try to get pacey players as we're playing a high line and pace can obviously help with recovery.

    CM

    I use a Box to Box midfielder and a CDM; and a CAM for the middle role. I use these players mostly because it's what I had. I think it's important to have a player such as Fernandes, De Bruyne, Pogba, Griezmann, etc. for the middle CM role as he will get forward and find himself in a good shooting position very, very often - especially when your opponent is sitting deep. You can just throw regular HIGH/HIGH CM's or a true CDM on the outside CM positions.

    LF/RF

    I like to have a left footed player on the RF role and a right footed on LF so that I can utilise finesse shots; as their natural positioning is going to present you with an opportunity to finesse very often. Finesse shot trait is a huge bonus here.

    ST

    Best you can afford. You want to try to get good passing and physical here as they are somewhat a playmaker more than they are an out and out striker like other formational set ups.

    My Team

    This is what I have. I haven't built it for this formation, it isn't optimised by any means, but works well. A lot are untradable from SBC's, upgrade packs, etc. so I just try to use them as I'm not flush with coins. Yes, I know it's still a very good team, but I finish R1 D1 and Elite 1-2 pretty much every week so I was able to afford it. Frankly, my team isn't even that good compared to a ton of the players I typically play against. But I refuse to pump FIFA Points in to the game, so I'm pretty proud of what I've got. TOTGS Messi, IF Sanches, Baby Essien, Walker, Red Gomez and Alisson are all untradable.

    ----------------- Mbappe ------

    -------- Neymar ------ TOTGS Messi

    ---- IF Sanches -- De Bruyne -- Baby Essien

    -- Mendy -- Varane -- Red Gomez -- Walker

    ------------------- Allison

    SUMMARY

    4321 does very well against a lot of the formations you come across, and I find a lot of players pause the game to see what the hell I am playing as it hits them by surprise. Like I said earlier, you can use this formation as an attacking preset to supplement your current formations, or you can use it as your main like I have been. You're going to probably need to be a decent defender to pull off the tactics I am currently using, but I provided alternatives for you to use if you aren't overly confident in your own ability.

    I was really shocked to how well it performed. As I said earlier, I only used it as I wanted to see how Messi went as a RF. I'm going to stick with it for a bit now, and see if it my results were just a fluke - but I felt confident enough to post it here, as I also performed really well in high D1 with it.

    I hope you have as much fun using the formation as I did, (and as much fun as FIFA will allow you to have), and that it brings you many wins!

    submitted by /u/Rigged79
    [link] [comments]

    Cafu possibly the next icon?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:53 PM PST

    My Greatest achievement of Fifa 21

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:53 AM PST

    I just managed to successfully perform a slide tackle on Squad Battles Ultimate difficulty. I thought it was impossible but I actually just did it. Granted it was with Blanc against a bronze AI player, but still, I honestly thought this day would never come.

    submitted by /u/leedsyorkie
    [link] [comments]

    Ousmane Dembele makes me look like I know what I'm doing (I don't)

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment