• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- January 07, 2021

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- January 07, 2021


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- January 07, 2021

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:00 AM PST

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")
    • Investment / Trading / Market posts
    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions
    • Other general gameplay discussion
    • Meta posts & Quick Questions
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Team of The Year voting MEGATHREAD

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:58 AM PST

    Show your votes here!

    submitted by /u/MaxiAaron
    [link] [comments]

    Good League SBC Teams to Complete for TOTY Packs

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    I thought Willian was taking it but this works too

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:28 AM PST

    EA Hear me out..

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Just a quick comparison between the most expensive right back in the game and Klaiber...

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:56 AM PST

    TOTY Voting is open!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:52 AM PST

    FYI, the squad battles AFK glitch works from goal kicks, just "push team upfield".

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:25 AM PST

    Saves messing about looking for the right situation. Just pass to the nearest CB, driven pass back to the keeper first time, tap A/X with the direction pad facing the corner flag and you're good to go.

    submitted by /u/DynamyttKidd
    [link] [comments]

    TOTY: Shouldn't a voting event have a Captcha System?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:08 AM PST

    You know to avoid mass fake votings and so on, im kinda surprised that you don't have to confirm that you are human after submitting the team.

    submitted by /u/R3KTMYRAMPAGE
    [link] [comments]

    How I Got Messi: A Guide for a Filthy Casual Player

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:53 PM PST

    TL;DR: Save your coins.

    • First Two Weeks: Focused on Cheap Ligue 1 Squad (Lots of Pace)
    • Switched to PL. Completed Jota, Silva, Rodriguez SBC's and got their Ones to Watch Cards.
    • Completed Calvert-Lewin SBC. Pace is all you need to beat the Computer at World Class.
    • Kept choosing untradable packs until I started receiving high numbers of duplicates.
    • Then only chose coin rewards, sold cards not from the major leagues
    • Completed SBC's only if I could complete them without buying that many cards.
    • Purchased Messi at $375K on New Years.

    I have never had a Messi this early in the season before. And I am a filthy casual player! My best player for possession style play.

    submitted by /u/nickinseattle
    [link] [comments]

    Results of 25 Base Icon Player Picks. Hope it helps some people with their Swaps decisions!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:01 PM PST

    25x83+ should be the ultimate pack

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:22 AM PST

    Mine was quite literally an ultimate pack with Neymar.

    But opening an ultimate pack and getting Tadic as the best card has to stop. It is literally €25 having at least 25 players be 83 or above should be the norm.

    I know this would have it's effect on the market. But ultimate packs like they are now are bullshit

    submitted by /u/Son-_of-Odin
    [link] [comments]

    Why it was absolutely ridiculous that Muller isn't in TOTY nominees: A statistical analysis

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:55 PM PST

    I, like most people was absolutely outraged at the fact that Muller was not in the team of the year nominees. Then I saw some of the people that managed to make the nominees and I was even more outraged, to make sense of this and see if we were all missing something EA wasn't I decided to do some investigative work by using statistics, numbers don't lie.

    I wanted to make this a fair experiment so i decided to use Lars Stindl. Why Stindl? I want to make this as even as we possibly can between the two players so we can have no other variables besides the players stats. What this also meant is that we will not be using any cup, tournament, or friendly matches, we will only be using their stats from the Bundesliga.

    Now if we were to just look at individual achievements I think it's fair to say that Muller has Stindl beat, Bayern managed to go and get the treble while Monchengladbach is sitting at 0 for the year of 2020. For this we will try to ignore trophies

    Note:

    All stats will be provided by SofaScore, it is a great app and I highly recommend

    I only counted a players stats if they played for 45 minutes or longer, if they did not you will see X's for that game

    Yes I understand that Muller is a Raumdeuter meaning that his role is not to get goals and assists but to provide his teammates with the space to get goals and assists. Unfortunately it is impossible to put the role of the Raumdeuter into numbers so we will not be taking anything surroudning that into consideration

    All stats for each game and the totals/averages on the bottom

    Lets run through it stat by stat

    Goals:

    Stindl bests Muller here by 4 goals, a pretty large margin. He managed to get all 4 of these goals in his last 4 games of the year, quite impressive of him.

    Assists:

    Muller gets 17 assists meanwhile Stindl only gets 2, for a CAM 2 assists is pretty weak for an entire calendar year.

    Goal Contributions:

    In goal contributions Muller averages almost double the amount of goal contributions Stindl got, with Muller averaging an insane 1.44 goals and assists per game meanwhile Stindl only got 0.78.

    Passing Accuracy:

    Muller gets beat by a little higher than an 8% margin, Stindl puts up incredibly high passing accuracy numbers, cant deny that.

    Key Passes:

    Here Muller beats Stindl by a little more than 2 times the amount. Stindl puts up an average of only 1.52 key passes a game while Muller gets 3.07

    Times Lost Possession:

    Stindl here beats Muller with a near 8 times lost possession margin. Muller gets about 18.5 averaged lost possessions, while Stindl gets about 10.6.

    Overall Rating:

    This is a stat similar to what decides you Player Of the Match after any game of FIFA, Muller beats out Stindl by about 0.25

    Conclusion:

    Stindl put up some surprisingly great numbers this year, beating Muller in 3 of 7 categories taken.

    If EA were basing it purely off goals then yes Stindl would get the spot, but the fact that Muller went out, played a crucial role in a team that won a treble, and beat Stindl in the majority of important statistics it's just flat out wrong that Muller isn't nominated.

    Yes, I do understand I'm complaining to nobody as what's done is done and it was unlikely he got one in the first place with Kimmich, KDB, and Bruno Fernandes having great years. But it would have been nice to at least see him in the nominees.

    If I had to guess there must be some licensing issue or anything that could've kept him out of the nominees because it just wouldn't make any sense otherwise, EA are not that stupid.

    If you've managed to make it this far thank you for reading, I will see you next time.

    submitted by /u/twich1344
    [link] [comments]

    Single player objectives

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:59 PM PST

    Short and sweet, as bad as fifa continues to be I have to say this. I greatly appreciate objectives that don't force me to play online. I hate playing online, and believe toxicity is the worst in fifa than probably any other game I've ever played. Not to mention I am very bad online, because I don't play the meta and abuse stuff. So when I see icon swaps, and the new silvers objective that I can do solely in squad battles (with rivals being an option for online players), I really like that. I also like when player objectives are able to be done single player as well. Gives me more reason to play the game, and I wish I had the option on other cards and objectives too so I wouldn't have to deal with the online community. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Combat_Av3ng3r
    [link] [comments]

    Robben doing Robben things

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:41 PM PST

    Just signed up for my first ever WL!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    Any tips? I'm nearly a div 3 player, would you say I'm above the average fut champs player or lower? Also have a good team

    submitted by /u/timtower123
    [link] [comments]

    One of those days?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:22 PM PST

    So I should preface this by saying I am the definition of average. Comfortable Div 5 player, bounce between Gold 3 and Gold 2. I had a good amount of spare time today, thought I'd eat into my div rivals games before the weekend.

    Things started with my Base or Mid Icon Pack, and I got Mid Roberto Carlos - great start. First game I used with him, I spank in an outside of the boot free-kick and it is all looking great. I'm on about 1180 and even thinking about the dizzying heights of Div 4, more fool me.

    From there my ability to play the game just capitulated, and I'm now languishing on 930 in Div 6, loss after loss, for which some I was undoubtedly just outplayed. But what the fuck has happened to my players? I upgraded from Alphonso Davies at LWB to Roberto Carlos, and replaced IF Kimmich with IF Goretzka (most expensive player I've ever bought in ultimate team, this is my first year doing it since FIFA 13), but my team's ability just evaporated. Easy cut backs turning into cross field passes to the centre back, conceding absurd long shots, and opposition players completely free on the back-post despite my using 3 centre-backs. I've been averaging about 87%+ pass accuracy (normally I feel like if I'm above 86 or so, I'm not being sloppy and trying to force things), matching my opponents shot numbers and getting absolutely creamed by players who should be on my level. I just don't get what happens on this game sometimes?

    Does anyone else have days like these? I am a pretty calm person but I have just lost my fucking head honestly, I am fuming at myself and the game. Have I just become shit? Or is this something people can relate to, some days just being inexplicably terrible?

    submitted by /u/Dantator
    [link] [comments]

    The end of silver lounge if this happens.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:43 AM PST

    The bridge needs to be changed

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:06 AM PST

    It's not a skill move it's literally just a button you can press to force the defenders to lock off your player, my friend was complaining about it and I came back on Fifa for the first time in 3 weeks and I literally could not lose a game by just spamming this move.

    There is no reason for a skill move that requires no skill to be that broken in game, not even la croqueta physically stopped defenders from locking on like the bridge does. What the fuck are EA doing do they not test this shit before it goes into the game or what??

    submitted by /u/The_Toe_Thief
    [link] [comments]

    Marquee Matchups Packs and Requirements

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    My AI teammate actively marking and tackling me to set up the counter. Beautiful

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:38 PM PST

    PSA: There have been plenty of Price Range Updates for meta cards and fodder today

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:59 PM PST

    Was looking at my untradeable Thiago Silva and noticed he was going for more than 17k (which was his max bid yesterday) so I went ahead and checked futbin and realised that there are ~167 players with updated price range. You can check all of them here (PS4):

    https://www.futbin.com/priceranges?page=1&version=gold&platform=ps4&sort=updated&order=desc

    Mostly noticable: 84s up to 87s have bigger price range now while meta cards have lower max bids now.

    submitted by /u/hultek
    [link] [comments]

    Pack luck decrease?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:03 PM PST

    Anyone else feels like pack luck has dipped since november ish? I made close to 800k in the first month through packs(no f.p just luck) and since then I've only packed like 150k worth anyone else feel it?

    submitted by /u/mantrybhai
    [link] [comments]

    Sell your rare silvers

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:21 AM PST

    Rare silvers are up due to today's SBC, good time to sell.

    submitted by /u/Rangefinder092
    [link] [comments]

    So i decided to take a freekick with Scholes in his debut.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    Potential Malen and Klaiber Upgrades

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:30 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment