• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 28, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- October 28, 2020

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- October 28, 2020


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- October 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")

    • Investment / Trading / Market posts

    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions

    • Other general gameplay discussion

    • Meta posts & Quick Questions

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    /r/FIFA: The Weekly Pack Thread

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    It's not that we don't care that you got something good in your pack. It's just that we don't care enough to scroll all day to find out.

    If you got something good, brag it up in here.

    If you want to know what to do with it, ask away.

    If you're about to commit pack suicides, write your goodbye letter here.

    If you literally burned through all your coins and ended up with nothing... welcome to the club.

    Let us live vicariously through your mistakes or your insane good luck... IMAGES are highly encouraged!


    Note: Posts regarding Pack Pulls outside of this thread will be deleted. If you are interested in creating a feature thread. -- message the moderators before posting.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TOTW 5 Released Now

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Finally got round to trying out Volta Squads, and you can score some ridiculous goals

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Please open up the bronze lounge and give us something like this again

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Moise Kean is this week’s Silver Star Objective

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Red Paulinho I Appreciate you

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Red Paulinho, you wont make my team. Its not that i do not want you there, your just to hard to link it seems.

    You would replace your gold card, who comes on every game. In the 2nd half you replace my nainggolan, i rate you both the same.

    Even though you ride the bench, your an important player in my squad. I want you to know I appreciate you, even if that may sound odd.

    So ea gods treat me kind, last weeks rewards took the mick. Please give me a red Paulinho for my bench, That truly would be sick.

    Good luck to all in your red picks tomorrow, may the ea gods be kind. I honestly hope, what you want you will find.

    submitted by /u/TherealTankosaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Thought this was hilarious - 90% of complaints from Fifa 15 are still present in Fifa 21.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Just sold 31 silver cards for 150k

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    This game is really unfriendly for colourblind players

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    The fact that I have to see my opponent's chosen ball in away matches is ruining this game for me, if my opponent has chosen one of the red or brown balls I literally can't see it and lose the game by default.

    Why on earth did they revert last year's decision to have you always see your own ball?

    submitted by /u/IsMiseOzz
    [link] [comments]

    Thought we would get this? Instead of the random totw upgrades

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    If I'm gonna get a lower rated card tomorrow please let it be this one

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    53-Year Old Kazuyoski Miura Rulebreaker. 4-star skills, High/Low, and 85+ Stamina. Unlocked in Silver Lounge.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    The Liverpool past and present team I'm going to be using for the silver objectives.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    Concept: Why hasn’t EA dove into making actual trading cards that could be redeemable in game for the Untradeable equivalent?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I always thought it would be a great idea to be able to buy ACTUAL packs from a card/ game store (ex. EB Games) that you could redeem to get Untradeable in FUT.

    From a marketing perspective, it would do wonders for EA, as they could incentivize people (like some of my friends) who want to only do RTGs because of not having actual long term value of what they're spending their money on, and I don't blame them. Yes EA are scummy and I'm not trying to promote them in any way but it's just a no brainer.

    To add to that, imagine all the promos and collectibles you could come across? For example, when TOTY comes around, they could get 50 holographic signed TOTY cards of each player put into packs. Imagine pulling a signed Ronaldo card that you could keep forever? The collector value and chase would be unreal.

    Also while understanding the whole gambling aspect, they could make it where no one above the legal gambling age could purchase the packs in person. Which could stop a lot of these "Mommy's Credit Card FC" posts and such, and actually having adult permission to avoid any early gambling addiction.

    Idk guys, just a concept that I came across that I thought would be really cool.

    Edit: Would love to have a physical collector Premium SBC El Sha card!!! as he was one of my favourite cards used in FUT.

    submitted by /u/PogoAllaBBQ
    [link] [comments]

    I’d rinse my club for this POTM card

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    86+ rated player and 3x83+ players added to pack code...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    The only Rule Breaker I wanna see..

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    Here's some Silver Lounge squads I've been using if you're stuck for ideas. Will drop reviews on request

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I'm 200 games deep in silver lounge this year - I could post about stats and ELO but nobody really cares so I'll just say that silvers have been my thing ever since Wallyson, Jobson and Marlos back in the day - I feel I have a good grasp of the game mechanics each year from a silver perspective.

    Here's some cool squads I've been using for the past few weeks - feel free to copy them. Most are 4231 or 442 ingame. If you wanna know more I'll be around to answer anything for most of the evening. Feel free to post your own too - I formatted the thread title to be easy to find and thus refer back to in future for squad ideas.

    Special mention has to go to my Serie A team. Went 87-1 before losing a second game with these fellas. Unreal for the price.

    Here's my home league team which basically amounts to Rangers + a decent defence. Lacks a bit of pace up front but Defoe can hit some rockets all game long

    Here's some Argentina silvers that I picked by searching on futbin for players above a certain balance/agility threshold. Impossible to take the ball off of them, it's like 11 Messis. Shout out to the 5* WF striker.

    Standard sweaty bundesliga team with Villalba as CAM. Not much to say here - does what it says on the tin.

    Prem Hybrid fitting in both objective IFs with Villalba at CAM again. Might change this one to fit in Kean and have Mukhtar as super sub

    Finally, here's a neat-looking Ukranian league concept. I've been meaning to build this for a while since I'm a Shakhtar fan, but haven't got round to it yet as I have too many silver teams already.

    If anyone has any suggestions for any of my own teams, feel free to let me know if I've missed out on any gems!

    submitted by /u/BigMouthBaldyBateson
    [link] [comments]

    A concept FUTMAS card I would love to see in the game

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Playing PES made me realise FIFA is just amazing

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    All the great designs ,animation and the excitement in getting new players are just way better in FIFA. PES will give you a god squad before even playin a single game. It animation on players on pitch looks really outdated especially the runs.

    submitted by /u/gochange
    [link] [comments]

    Goalscorer in Munich SBC

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Oppose the Meta, 10 depth tactics which work even in div 1.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    We know what this years meta feels like and how it is. Defend with 8, get ball, through pass and pray. Once every 25 times you must at least score, do you like this meta? You pussy!

    It is time to stop just hiding behind your 2 walls of four. We go all out attack. What does this mean for us?

    • will we concede? Yes plenty, but we will outscore the opponent most of the times. A game with less than 4 goals isn't a game it is just a waste of bloody time!

    • what's the gameplan? Calm down, we are getting there hold your horses.

    • what formation ? 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3(2) or 4-3-3 (5), all these work with these tactics.

    Defensive playstyle

    Forget everything you ever heard, act like it is the first time playing this game, pace doesn't exist, Adama can't hurt you. Ready? Ok ready.

    We play 6 width, 10 depth. Pressure on ball loss.

    "But but but, ... Pace ..." Guys we are on the offence. We don't need to worry about defending, the best defence is a good offence.

    What does this do? Easy. When losing the ball, your attackers sprint at the one with the ball and take the ball. You have made the pitch as small as possible and will get the ball rather easily and quickly, almost every stupid pass of your opponent leads to a goal for you. They can't score if they can't get outside of their box! The 6 width will ensure that even when adama gets through, he at least has to jump over or through your fullback.

    Offensive playstyle

    Don't forget guys, we are on the offence for the 2 striker formation we play 7 width, 7 in the box, 2 corners 1 freekicks. For the 433s 5 width.

    Here you can go however you like, balanced, possession, fast build up, long ball, doesn't mind. We are attacking and how we attack shouldn't matter. I like balanced most because of the instructions I follow.

    Player profile and instructions 4-1-2-1-2

    Fullbacks stay back, overlap. Use your d pad to get them forward when needed. Pushing them up is a risk, but this formation loves risks. Profile: quick and good dribbling. Mine telles and florenzi. Shadows needed!

    CDM: choose between tank or agile and smooth. Frenkie will do your job, but even a 1k Emre Can will break any opposing attacks and their legs. Put him on stay back/drop in between, I prefer stay back. And Man Mark! Why man mark you ask, most people play with a CCam with him staying forward. Having your CDM on man mark will render the guy useless. CDM has higher defensive workrate than attacking

    CM: this is an attacking formation, so no need for true Cm's. We play cams at cm. These have an higher or equal attacking workrate than defending. HH HM MM all good. Instruction get forward. Get inside the box. This will make them do deep and late runs inside the box, they will push your attackers wide or go wide themselves to broaden the pitch, that's why we play high width! I like players like reus, FB Witsel, dybala, Bernardo, ...

    Cam: a cam like your cm's just give him stay forward get into the box. If you like skills put your 5* guy here. Di Maria did great for me here.

    Fast striker: stay forward, get in behind and even get wide, he will create space for your battle ram coming through (your 25 cams rushing in to do the job). This guy better be quick and has some dribbling. Rashford was more than decent for me here, with his 5* he created even more space.

    Clinical striker: someone with a good shot decent dribbling and passing. Just put him on stay forward. Don't touch him anywhere else. I had kramaric here last WL and he scored 63 goals in 30 games. This guy will be your goal machine. Again a game with less than 4 goals scored or conceded wasn't a game, it was f* boring!

    Goalie: he is shite and will always be shite, but give him sweeper keeper and comes for crosses, you never know, he might do something.

    Subs: you'll have to have two cam subs for your midfielders, they'll be nackered at the 70". Also another option for one of your fullbacks and or cdm will be useful. You can change an attacker upfront if someone is suddenly out of stamina, but this doesn't happen often.

    Closing words

    These tactics aren't for anyone. This is a pure attacking playstyle which will make you score and concede. At 2000 SR I can tell you these tactics work (even in div 1)though and especially if the composure of your opponent isn't there. It will take getting used to, but after a few games you'll get it. These tactics are for people who want to have more fun in a game that is too pace depended and defensive minded. In my eyes, this is the true anti meta of this year. It counters the meta and is a totally different playstyle.

    "When you outscore the opponent, you always win!"

    submitted by /u/WoodytheWick
    [link] [comments]

    Promo Teams should be in Reds

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    In my opinion fut champs during tots is the best time of the year. Much more incentive to play weekend league and actually some hype around opening rewards. Why can't EA add promos to reds? They can still mix them in with the totw. Would be so much better imo

    submitted by /u/Jonaldinho120
    [link] [comments]

    Season Objectives needs an overhaul. They should run for 30 days at a time, not 50.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    If you're reaching level 30, you're an intermediate player. As an intermediate player, do any of these cards make it into your starting team 51 days into the game? By that point, the cards are already significantly outdated and behind the competitive power-curve.

    I believe the runtime for each of the seasons should be trimmed and refocused. When they drag on for as long as they do, people start to lose perspective on what it is that they were even working towards.

    submitted by /u/prince_0f_thieves
    [link] [comments]

    2 tips to improve

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Hey I did some changes and now I am playing way better.

    I changed my camera to Co Op. It is amazing, I can see many players running through that I didn't before, also I lose way less possession and now I can see when the gk is coming so I can chip it before he gets to me.

    I turned off analog sprint, I use R2 to run so it affected me way more as I never fully pressed the trigger. I had forgotten about this default option (which sucks), so sometimes I got angry when for instance my 94 paced winger was getting caught by a 75 pace defender. Now I see my players running way faster.

    Hope this helps you!

    submitted by /u/Arshavingoat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment