• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 16, 2021

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- January 16, 2021

    EA Sports FIFA The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- January 16, 2021


    The r/FIFA Daily Discussion Thread -- January 16, 2021

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:00 AM PST

    This thread is the place to go for the posts that crop up in /new that don't necessarily need a full thread for discussion, which include but are not limited to:

    • Subjective questions (such as "Who is better, Player X or Player Y?" or "Which Chemstyle is best on PM R9?")
    • Investment / Trading / Market posts
    • Sharing Squads / Asking for Suggestions
    • Other general gameplay discussion
    • Meta posts & Quick Questions
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    /r/FIFA: The IF Watch Thread (Saturday Edition)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:00 AM PST

    TOTW highlights the best performances of the past week from international and club competition around the world.

    Who do you think is going to get a black card and join the Team of the Week?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tips to maximize your WL as a causal

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 11:55 AM PST

    1. Your first 3-5 games will probably suck. You will come up against an array of Mbappes and countless Icons, but just remember that even if you lose these, it's ok because it'll all even out as you match with worse opponents with a bad ELO.

    2. If you go on an unexpected win streak, expect to come up against better players. Don't lose your head if you lose to them, it's all part of the WL cycle.

    3. As much as it seems, the game is NOT trying to make you lose. Well, actually, that's not really true, but it becomes an even playing field because everyone has experienced that horrendous scripting.

    4. Don't play too many games in the same clip. Try to play 2-3 at a time, and if you end off on a loss, it's ok. This makes sure you don't fatigue yourself across the weekend.

    5. If you feel yourself losing your temper, even slightly, it's time to take a break. If you lose one game and go into the next angry, you'll only play worse.

    6. If you really feel stressed, you have NO obligation to play this. Rewards are shit, and if you're not having fun, go spend the weekend with your family and friends.

    Good luck!

    submitted by /u/franksocea
    [link] [comments]

    You just know when you see this badge you’re in for the most raging sweatfest of a game

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:44 PM PST

    Diego Jota in champs

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 11:55 AM PST

    Played against whoever John Buckley is... lost 4-1. Them cards are cheat codes.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:54 PM PST

    Ultimate team is not for busy people

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:19 AM PST

    I hate what grind fest the game has become. Fut used to be a game mode when you could play whenever you wanted. You knew you had time from work or school, you played 7 games and got promoted and got coins. Simple as that. Ever since fut champs was introduced, the game has turned into a race where you miss couple weeks and you fall so far behind the power curve.

    Myself like many others have work, maybe school, social life, hobbies etc which obviously need balancing as well, and whenever you have time to get into fut, you just realize how far from others you are. Not a single game mode anymore is for casual playing, I have not enjoyed the game like before. I know it's partly nostalgia, but I remember rushing to my playstation to open Fifa 15 etc even with the flaws they had. It was fun. Now the game is not fun, because EA has turned it into a game mode where you need to play consistently every single week. And yeah the meta is worse than ever these last couple years. I have tried to play champs probably 10 times since it was introduced, I get gold 2 but in the end, I realize I did not enjoy it at all.

    I can say from experience that even with the same schedule in life, missing weeks of playing from earlier fifas was never such a loss as it is now.

    Free to share your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Leotoivola
    [link] [comments]

    There'll always be a promo coming up, just get the players you like, open your packs if you want and enjoy the game

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:46 PM PST

    There'll always be reason NOT to buy a player or NOT to do an SBC. In November, people were going Futmas is coming, save up.

    In December people went, TOTY is coming, save up.

    In 2 months, they'll go TOTS is coming, save up.

    It's just a vicious cycle.

    I honestly feel people overcomplicate things in FIFA. They take it too seriously and ruin the fun for themselves especially when it comes to doing SBCs.

    I packed an untradeable Mbappe early in the game and then did the Felix POTM just like everyone else. I got amazing results, scored tons of goals and won few games which I normally wouldn't.

    I also did the RTTF Herrera and Marquinhos to get a strong link to Felix and Mbappe. Great cards, gets the job done but I honestly couldn't care less if they existed in the team or not.

    Then I did the Robben SBC because I absolutely love him. Since I'm a dutch fan so I obviously did the Depay Moments SBC and all the objective Dutch players earlier. Now I've benched Felix, Herrera, Marquinhos and... Wait for it. Mbappe! Instead I play the Dutch players.

    Do I win more games? Probably not.

    Do you enjoy the game more? 10000x

    Just get the players you want if you can afford them. Don't waste 4-6 weeks waiting for a stupid promo to come. Chances are you'll probably not pack anything good anyway and would've wasted weeks in a game whose lifecycle is less than 8 months.

    Thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

    submitted by /u/blackstrips
    [link] [comments]

    Shot power: 999

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 02:46 PM PST

    Just received this message, from someone who must’ve accidentally put OBS on, at half time. One of the funniest exchanges

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:41 AM PST

    Ultimate Team can still be fun for busy people. People who rarely play shouldn’t expect to have some amazing team.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 06:23 PM PST

    After today's post, I think people need to hear this. FUT is pretty similar now as it was 5 years ago. If you are busy, you will have a worse team than almost everyone you play. How is that different than before? The newer FIFA's reward players more for sure, and I think they do a good job of rewarding players who don't have as much time. This may be the tough part, if you only play a couple games a week...you shouldn't have some super team. You can get a team for a couple hundred thousand coins kind of easy. I have a team that's around 700k, and I can easily beat the 10 million coin teams, and easily lose to 50k teams. No question the super teams have the advantage, but my main point is that if you're busy you shouldn't have a crazy good team. MMO's reward people that grind, and this should be the same thing. Before you downvote and move on, can you please explain why I'm wrong?

    submitted by /u/Jake43134
    [link] [comments]

    It's been more than 6 weeks since the last Squad Foundations Milestone

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:15 AM PST

    With League SBCs no longer giving out player rewards these Milestones were looking like the only way to get boosted cards from lower leagues, but after releasing only 3 EA gave up.

    It's looking like 2 years in a row where the Milestones Tab is completely abandoned by January.

    submitted by /u/IsMiseOzz
    [link] [comments]

    There’s a lot of things about this game we could complain about BUT...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    ... one thing we can't complain about- is the weather.

    submitted by /u/drjjsii
    [link] [comments]

    I present you Alisson. TOTY nominee...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    I feel like playing fifa, until I play fifa...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    Anyone else feel like this lately?

    I took a week off the game and now I just can't get back into it, I log on because all my mates are on and I actually feel like playing... until I actually play the game.

    submitted by /u/-bladesy-
    [link] [comments]

    My 4 year old niece grinding SB on beginner while i rest from WL

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:14 PM PST

    We need this Beautiful man back into Fifa!!!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:13 PM PST

    Addiction with FIFA

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 03:00 PM PST

    I think Ea has Lowkey taken advantage of a lot of addicts with FIFA points it's crazy how much people waste on this game . Sure it's your money but after about 11 months there will be a new game . Honestly there are other better games where you can play and not spend . I honestly think it's really unhealthy, and honestly maybe other hobbies other than video games might do people better.

    submitted by /u/LR_18
    [link] [comments]

    Flashback Higuain requirements

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 10:02 AM PST

    This is one of the hardest WL in FIFA history

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 09:00 AM PST

    14-4 2 weeks ago, 14-6 week go, 10-10 this week. I played against someone who scored every freekick with Roberto Carlos, over 30 yards from goal... I played against someone who could dribble past my entire team with a single player. I can't do anything, I have trouble with finishing, passing, everything. One pass and my opponent already is near my penalty area, my midfielders do nothing, if I don't control AI does nothing, meanwhile opponents AI controlled defender can position themselves perfectly intercepting my passess, despite opponent doesn't even control them. If I don't control my players they just stand... Opponents make perfect tackles from behind (how is mystery to me) with their fucking forwards, while any tackle I make with defender ends with rebounds...

    submitted by /u/saikodasein
    [link] [comments]

    A short film on the tackling effectiveness between a striker and defender

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:46 AM PST

    Best goal I’ve ever scored!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 11:12 AM PST

    You have heard of the fake shot stop and the fake Rabona stop. Coming next year, fake dive stop.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:39 AM PST

    If EA can get rid of fitness cards, why not get rid of contracts too?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:46 PM PST

    Makes absolutely no sense as they add nothing to the game.

    submitted by /u/archbishopofoz
    [link] [comments]

    Tactical Fouls are a huge part of this game

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:14 AM PST

    The refereeing in this game is atrotious. Make sure to avail of this by clattering your opponents with slide tackles from behind. Win the ball 9/10 times. Called as a foul 1/10 times.

    submitted by /u/lep_rechaun
    [link] [comments]

    I guess the CB was fuming a bit

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment